Friday, April 5, 2019

New art 2019

Art Fair Season is coming and I am working on new art.  This year I am working on integrating new fibers, textures and techniques with an emphasis creativity over productivity.    As a result, I am taking a bit of a breather.   My work will be displayed in various locations but I will participate in fewer art fairs.   My first art fair this year is Art Fair Off the Square.   Attached are examples of new work.  The birch trees incorporate a new shading technique that relies on the different types of sheep's wool felting at different rates.  I also used many silk fibers to add a shine.    The second piece is wool completely covered in china silk.  The silk traps various fibers and silk worm cocoons between the wool and silk.  The result is a wonderfully textured surface.   I am looking forward to creating some larger pieces using this technique.  




No comments:

Post a Comment